Rooms Comparison Chart
|Marley’s Cottage||Two||King||Jetted Tub & Steam Shower||Private Entrance, Hammock for Two, Wood-burning Fireplace*, Screened Porch with Japanese Soaking Tub, Outdoor Shower, Private Covered Parking, 1000 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Mulberry Cottage||Two||King||Jetted Tub & Steam Shower||Private Entrance, Hammock for Two, Wood-burning Fireplace*, Screened Porch with Japanese Soaking Tub, Outdoor Shower, Private Covered Parking, 1000 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Sunset in the Garden Cottage||Two||King||Jetted Tub & Walk-in Shower||Private Entrance, Patio, Sitting Area, Wood-burning Fireplace*, 475 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Sunrise in the Garden Cottage||Two||King||Spa Tub & Walk-in Shower||Private Entrance, Patio, Sitting Area, Wood-burning Fireplace*, 475 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Russell’s Cottage||Two||King||Tub/Shower Combo||Private Entrance, Wheelchair Accessible, Shower Bench Available, Pet Friendly, Garden & Sitting Area, Wood-burning Stove*, 375 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Robin’s Nest Cottage||Four||King & 2 Twins||Jetted Shower||Private Entrance, Full Kitchen, Living & Dining Area, Wood-burning Stove*, Pet Friendly, 1100 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Fairy Hill Suite||Two||King||Jetted Tub/Shower Combo||Private Entrance, Two-level Suite, Living Room, Wood-burning Fireplace*, 500 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Emory Suite||Two||King||Tub/Shower Combo||Second Floor, Two-room Suite, Sitting Area, Desk, Gas Fireplace*, 375 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Blue Room||Two||King||Jetted Shower||Second Floor, Front & Side Lawn Views, Gas Fireplace*, 400 Sq. ft.||Check Rates|
|Yellow Room||Two||Queen||Jetted Tub & Walk-in Shower||Second Floor, Garden Views, Sitting Area, Desk, Gas Fireplace*, 400 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Red Room||Three||King & Twin Trundle||Jetted Shower||Third Floor, Landscape Views, Sofa, Gas Fireplace*, 400 Sq. ft.||Check Rates|
|Green Room||Three||Queen & Twin Trundle||Walk-in Shower||Third Floor, Treetop Views, Sitting Area, Gas Fireplace*, 400 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
|Poppy’s Retreat||Two||King||Jetted Shower||Second Floor, Sitting Area, Gas Fireplace*, 300 Sq.ft.||Check Rates|
*Fireplaces available November 15th to March 31st
The ABCs of the Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn:
Authenticity – Beauty – Comfort – Service
When you make Brampton Inn your home away from home, you’re welcoming in a world of luxurious amenities. The exceptionally grand and spacious rooms and suites in the 1860 Manor House offer you a glimpse into the past while still maintaining all of the comforts and privacy you expect at a romantic B&B today. The cottages are located away from our Main House, nestled in the woods, giving you a more secluded lodging option for your Chestertown getaway.
Room & Cottage Amenities
For Our Guest’s Comfort and Peace of Mind
- Wood-burning or gas fireplaces in most rooms and cottages (our fireplace season runs from November 15th to March 31st)
- All accommodations have individually controlled air conditioning
- All accommodations with jetted tubs, deep-soaking tubs, infinity baths, jetted showers include a hairdryer, thick cotton towels, robes and our signature amenities
- All rooms have smart TVs
- Luxurious bathroom amenities
- Large windows for ample natural light
- King or queen beds with 100% cotton linens
- All accommodations include sitting areas and comfortable furnishings
Always Complimentary at Our Maryland Bed and Breakfast
- Freshly brewed coffee and hot tea available at 7:15 am
- Full à la carte breakfast served from 8:30 until 10:00 am
- Breakfast delivery to the cottage rooms
- A selection of freshly baked treats are individually wrapped and available in the dining room at tea time, 4:00 to 5:00 pm
- Fast wireless internet
- Tesla and ClipperCreek charging stations for our guests traveling with electric vehicles, allowing for a quick, full charge!
Stretch Out and Explore Our Property and Surrounding Area
- Explore our 35 acres of the estate
- Firepit and outdoor seating areas
- Many games to choose from
- World-class jigsaw puzzles for the aficionado
- Lots of books and movies to borrow
- We happily share our knowledge of our area which is known as one of the earliest settled places in the nation
- Driving tour maps of the area near our Chestertown Inn
The Brampton Inn, located in historic Chestertown Maryland and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our 1860 Manor House, the main Inn is not completely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers of the 1860 Manor House include the following:
- Elevated access to the Manor House requires climbing 6 or more steps.
- Most guest rooms in the Manor House are located on the second floor and above.
- The one first floor suite has a narrow winding stairway to the bedroom.
- There is no elevator.
- Most cottages have stairs to access or do not have an accessible bathroom.
- Note: The Russell’s Cottage offers ADA compliance for guests with disabilities.
So all guests can enjoy the Brampton Inn, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following cottage for those with disabilities:
- Russell’s Cottage: This 375 square foot private cottage located in an 1860 smokehouse features wider doorways, a king size bed, two wing back chairs and a large window. The ADA adjoining bath offers a deep tub/shower combination with available bench (not a roll in shower), grab bars in the tub/shower and toilet area, and roll under vanity. There is also a private enclosed garden, sitting area, and separate dedicated parking adjacent to the cottage.
- Although wheelchair access to the 1860 Manor House, dining area and common area is limited for those with disabilities, breakfast can be delivered to Russell’s Cottage.
- With 24 hour notice, we can also accommodate special diets including vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb and low-fat.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Brampton Inn can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 410-778-1860 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.
Please read the “small print” carefully for our Chestertown Inn. If you have a question, call us at 410-778-1860 and we will gladly explain.
All reservations require a one-night room deposit per room at the time of booking. The final payment will be charged to the credit card on file 48 hours prior to arrival.
For holidays and special events such as Washington College graduation, Washington College Parents Weekend, Tea Party Weekend, Downrigging Weekend, Dickens Festival Weekend and multiple room bookings, the balance will be charged 30 days prior to the arrival date.
Weekend and all cottage reservations require a two-night stay.
The rates are always quoted for two people and can vary according to the day of the week and season. Please note, that our quiet month is March.
The sales and lodging tax rate is a combined 11%. (6% MD State and 5% Kent County Lodging tax).
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, and cash. All refunds are subject to a $50 processing fee.
Please, absolutely NO smoking, burning of candles or incense in any of the buildings or on the property.
All guest rooms have Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs with streaming capability, private baths, and heating/air conditioning.
Most guest rooms have fireplaces and they are opened and used from November 15th to March 31st. If you plan a visit to the Brampton to enjoy a fire in a fireplace, please plan your stay between November 15th through March 31.
If you would like to order a package or room add-on, please allow up to 72 hours advanced notice.
Unfortunately, our main driveway is very narrow. Over-sized vans and trucks cannot be accommodated. The employee entrance can be used, please call in advance for guidance.
By confirming your booking, you agree to receive SMS messages from us regarding your reservation prior, during, and after your stay. You may opt out of these messages at any time by replying “Stop.”
Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 to 10:00 am.
Guests in the cottages are welcome to order breakfast to be delivered from 8:30 to 10:00 am.
Arrival & Departure
We offer self check-in upon request.
Your room will be available from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
If you will be later than 7:00 pm, please let us know in advance so that we may inform you of our late check-in procedures.
If personal items are left behind, please call or e-mail. Please note, we will charge your provided credit card for shipping. After 30 days, all unclaimed items will be donated.
Check-out by 11:00 am. As long as the room is vacated, we invite you to enjoy the grounds a little longer.
Keys can be left in the room or in the basket on the front desk. A $50 fee will be assessed for any lost or missing room keys.
Children & Additional Guests
Room rates are based on double occupancy. The Red Room and the Green Room can accommodate one additional person. Robin’s Nest Cottage can accommodate up to four guests total when booked as two bedrooms. There is a fee of $50 per additional guest, per night.
Children 10 years old or older are welcome. We can accommodate guests younger than 10 years old if you are renting the entire property for an event.
Our property is strictly reserved for guests of the Inn. No unregistered guests are permitted in room or on the grounds, unless during a wedding or other event as approved in advance by the owners.
Pet Friendly Lodging
Robin’s Nest and Russell’s Cottage are our pet friendly accommodations. For specifics, please check our pet friendly policy. Robin’s Nest can accommodate 1 or 2 larger dogs, Russell’s one dog up to 30 lbs. A pet fee of $30 applies per dog, per day. Please note: if it’s found that a pet was brought into another cottage or into the Manor House, a minimum of $250 cleaning fee will be charged.
We understand that situations arise which make cancellations or rescheduling unavoidable. However, last-minute cancellations are difficult to fill and we may have already turned business away.
Your deposit minus the $50 cancellation/refund fee will be returned up to 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. Beyond 14 days and up to eight days prior to your scheduled arrival, the reservation can be moved or a voucher provided for the deposit amount. Cancellations made within 7 days of arrival, will not be refunded and if you choose to cancel 72 hours or less from your arrival date, you are responsible for the full amount of the reservation, there are no refunds and the reservation can not be moved to another date. Please note, you must receive an email confirming cancellation to be considered valid.
For holidays, special events such as Washington College graduation, Washington College Parents Weekend, Tea Party Weekend, Dickens Festival Weekend and Downrigging Weekend and multiple room bookings, the deposit minus a $50 cancellation/refund fee per room will be returned up to 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date. Regardless of the reason, there are NO refunds and the reservations can not be moved to another date for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the arrival date.
There are no exceptions to our policies. We offer travel insurance and we urge you to consider insuring your stay if you have any doubt as to your ability to travel. Please visit our Insurance page for more information.
No shows are responsible for the full reservation amount.
We can not offer you a refund or adjust your bill for early departures.
It’s Not Easy Being Green
We limit the Inn’s environmental impact as much as possible by composting all food scraps. Check out our compost mountain on your next visit! We recycle paper, plastic, glass, and aluminum. We no longer offer bottled water but have a refrigerator with ice water in the dining room and in cottages. Our well water is regularly tested by the Kent County Health Department and is delicious. We keep the grass fairly long to retain moisture. Organic fertilizer is sparingly used around the property. The vegetable and berry garden is organic. We purchase our eggs, bacon, sausage, and ham from a local farmer, Langenfelder Pork. We make our own jams and fruit butter with locally grown fruit from Godfrey’s Farm. You will enjoy a freshly prepared à-la-carte breakfast and our baked goods are made from scratch and baked daily.
We’ll ask you to tell us if you wish to reuse your towels the second day to help conserve resources or if you prefer to have them changed daily.
Please note: All policies are subject to change at any time and without notice.