Please read the “small print” carefully for our Chestertown Inn. If you have a question, call us at 410-778-1860 and we will gladly explain.
All reservations require the equivalent of a one night deposit including tax, per room.
- For holidays, special events such as Washington College graduation and multiple room bookings, the balance will be charged 30 days prior to the arrival date.
- The rates are always quoted for two people and can vary according to the season. Please note, that our quiet month is in March.
- The sales and lodging tax rate is a combined 11%. (6% MD State and 5% Kent County Lodging tax).
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, personal checks and cash. All refunds are subject to a $50 processing fee.
- Please, absolutely NO smoking, burning of candles or incense in any of the buildings on the property.
- Complimentary fast WiFi is available throughout the inn.
- All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning.
- All baths include a hair dryer, thick cotton towels, robes and our signature amenities.
- All rooms have smart TVs.
- Most guest rooms have fireplaces and they are opened and used from November 15th to March 31st. If you plan a visit to the Brampton to enjoy a fire in a fireplace, please plan your stay between November 15th through March 31.
- DUE TO COVID-19 WE ONLY OFFER SELF CHECK-INAT THIS TIME: your room is available from 3:00 PM on 410-778-1860
- CHECK-OUT: by 11:00 AM.
- Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM. Guests in the cottages are welcome to order breakfast to be delivered from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
- Weekend reservations require a two-night stay.
- Only the Red Room and the Green Room can accommodate one additional person, 10 years or older. Please add $50 plus tax, per night. All other rooms and cottages are double occupancy only. Babies and toddlers are persons!
- The Apartment and Russell’s Cottage are our pet-friendly accommodations. You can read about our pet-friendly policy here. The Apartment can accommodate 1 or 2 larger dogs, Russell’s one dog up to 30 lbs. A pet fee of $20 applies per dog, per day.
- Unfortunately, our main driveway is very narrow. Over-sized vans and trucks cannot be accommodated.
Please consider purchasing the $100, non-refundable “Cancellation Waiver” for single room reservations. Our cancellation waiver allows you to cancel your room until 12:00 noon, the day prior to your arrival date. This waiver is available for online, single room reservations and must be purchased at the same time the reservation is made. Not available for multiple room reservations, on holiday weekends and special events.
- Otherwise, your deposit minus the $50 cancellation/refund fee will be returned up to 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. There are NO refunds and the reservations can NOT be moved to another date for cancellation received less than 14 days prior to arrival date.
- For holidays, special events such as Washington College graduation and multiple room bookings the deposit minus a $50 cancellation/refund fee per room will be returned up to 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date. Regardless of the reason, there are NO refunds and the reservations can NOT be moved to another date for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the arrival date.
- For Elopements and Intimate Weddings, the terms and conditions of the signed agreement apply.
It’s not easy being Green:
We limit the Inn’s environmental impact as much as possible by composting all food scraps. Check out our compost mountain on your next visit! We recycle paper, plastic, glass, and aluminum. We no longer offer bottled water but have an airpot with ice water in the den. Our well water is regularly tested by the Kent County Health Department and is delicious. We keep the grass fairly long to retain moisture. Organic fertilizer is sparingly used around the property. The vegetable and berry garden is organic. We purchase our eggs, bacon, sausage, and ham from a local farmer. We make our own jams and fruit butters with locally grown fruit from Godfrey’s Farm. You will enjoy a freshly prepared à-la-carte breakfast and our baked goods are made from scratch and baked daily.
Larger amenity bottles have replaced the tiny, individual bottles in the bathrooms. We refill them as needed. We’ll ask you to tell us if you wish to reuse your towels the second day to help conserve resources or if you prefer to have them changed daily.