Enjoy a taste of Brampton Inn at home when you make our Cappuccino Muffins, delectable with a hot cup of your favorite brew. According to Hilari, owner of Brampton Inn, these are perfect for a light little breakfast wake-up with a cup of coffee. The espresso spread gives them a little pizazz and are a guest favorite! Last time these muffins were served at our romantic Maryland B&B, not one was leftover after breakfast! Make them for yourself and find out what all the buzz is about.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 T sugar
- ½ t instant coffee granules
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 2 C unbleached flour
- 3/4C sugar
- 2-1/2t baking powder
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2t salt
- 1 C sour cream
- 2 T instant coffee granules
- ½ C butter, melted
- 1 lg. egg
- 1t vanilla extract
- ¾ C semisweet chocolate chips
- In mixer, with paddle attachment combine all spread ingredients, cover and refrigerate.
- Use large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt.
- Separately combine sour cream, coffee granules, and butter to dissolve granules.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moist. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill paper lined muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake 350 degrees 20-22 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks. Serve with warm espresso spread on top.
Yields about 13 muffins